[kictanet] Registrar of Companies computerisation

Titus Ngeno titus.ngeno at Ebix.com
Sat Sep 10 13:57:41 EAT 2011

Dear my fellow Kenyans and Friends,

I am new here and I don't know the rules of the house. But here is my two cents.

ICT board will have to come up with business registration database with aggregated information with fields on specific business identification number, name, business activities, geographical location.

Then find ways to connect with Kenya social security fund and Kenya Revenue Authority  using a single Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)  coupled with The Kenya National Bureau of Statistics .

This maybe be a little aggressive but with all these features in place we can even start implementing online registration  where one can register a company in the comfort of their homes or at any internet café without necessarily going into any office thus more investors in Kenya and more wealth. But put in mind EFT online payment system will be critical to all this.

In short to get to three days Registration it will take some hard work and aggressive implementation of new technologies and integration of Kenya social security fund and Kenya Revenue Authority for a start.

Lastly there must be a reason why Rwanda is rank number 58 in the world as the best place to country to invest in Africa and Kenya dropped from 94 to 98.

Rgds,

Titus Ngeno
Director of Business Development - Africa Region

Ebix, Inc.
Direct 1 678-242-2875 | Fax 1 305 284 7440 | Cell 1 913 207 8107
Email titus.ngeno at ebix.com<mailto:titus.ngeno at ebix.com> | Web www.ebix.com<http://www.ebix.com/>

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for the intended addressee only. Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the information, or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not the intended addressee, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message.