[kictanet] Ndemo's Presidential Debate Final Report?

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 11:45:50 EAT 2011

Thanks GG,

Dr, Ndemo, Edith,

Well said, i participated in the recent ISO JTC SC 27 meeting hosted by
Kenya Bureu of standards three weeks ago in Nairobi which develops ISMS
Information Security Management systems Standards used globally and i noted
very interesting things. First Japan sent close to 40 out of the 200
delegates from 27 countries, during the meetings i realised they were a
force to reckon with. As we were editing the standards they were very keen
on the use of vocabulary since they have invested a great deal in
translating standards into Japanese and a change in wording could throw
entire industries into a spin, i think there are interesting lessons we
should learn from this since not everyone might be entirely confortable
with the English language, i will use the bible as an example, Christian
would not have spread all over if the bible was not translated into various
languagues all over the world, going by the theme on one of the East
African IGFs, it is important to think globally and act locally, i think
this is one of the things that has made East African IGF a force to reckon
with, charity begins at home, we are back to the whole issue of local
content.
My thoughts..

Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277