[kictanet] Google Advert Nuisance

Francis Hook francis.hook at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 16:42:06 EAT 2011

Well Dennis - on free to air TV it still does happen somewhat - with the
scrolling marquees at the bottom of the screen on some stations.  And TV is
one way so there would be no option to cancel the ads like there is with
Google.

I'd say its a small price to pay to use a free service - can you imagine, in
the absence of youtube, gmail, etc etc - what alternatives would there be
for us to share videos etc.

I think the real question should be - do the repeated ads, when reporting
back to the advertiser, count as a single view or multiple views?  I'm not
so in the know abt some of these things but I gather online ads are based on
views/clicks etc - and perhaps the provider sends back stats to the
advertiser to say their ad was viewed x million times, etc - in which case
these multiple ads should not be reported as unique views.

Having said that, I guess the effort to close the ad would be the same the
effort to change channels on a TV.   Still not a herculean effort.

--
Francis Hook
+254 733 504561