[kictanet] Newspaper archive

Vanessa Malila [ICS RPG] csvm at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Oct 26 22:58:30 EAT 2011

Hi

Was hoping someone might be able to help. As some of you on the Kictanet mailing list may know, I am a PhD student at the University of Leeds doing my thesis on the Role of the media in ICT and communications policy processes in Kenya. The problem is that having travelled to Kenya last year, I now realise that I need to conduct further content analysis of The Standard newspaper. While I was there I was able to search through their archive for the dates I had selecteed (2008 and 2009), but now am hoping to search through the archive for 2007 without travelling to Kenya!

Does anyone know of any UK based organisations that may keep such an archive? I have tried all the UK libraries, but none of them keep the archive for that year, so am hoping that you might know of another organisation which would keep such copies that I could search through.

Would really appreciate any leads or help that you can give me.

Regards,
Vanessa

Vanessa Malila
PhD Student