[kictanet] Freedom of Information laws/ e- discussion continued

Kerubo Ombati kaykerubo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 14:27:39 EAT 2011

The essence of the freedom of information legislation is that it applies
vertically, the citizen's rights to demand from the state and not viz a vie
other citizens, the citizen can exercise their rights or not,,,its up to
them,the law does not confer any responsibility on them.

The issue of a mother denying her child access to polio vaccine is an issue
of children's rights.