[kictanet] Quality of Tech Support with Kenyan Telcos

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 16:34:27 EAT 2011

Did you see a USB modem sticking on it? This DIR-412 can work like the
DIR-825 - they both can use 3G modems but fall back to an Ethernet
connection for WAN. DIR-412 has a 10/100 Ethernet port while the DIR-825 has
10/100/1000 ports (fully Gigabit).
So if there was a USB 3G modem sticking on it, it could be several things:

1. Could be a Huawei (documented and easy to find AT strings for)
2. Could be a ZTE (their techie managed to disable the virtual CDROM, but
did not share the info on what AT strings to use)
3. Could be just a dummy sitting there...