[kictanet] Fwd:Defamatory Blog Publication/Freedom of Information e- discussion continued

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 13:12:46 EAT 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 12:15, Harry Delano <harry at comtelsys.co.ke> wrote:

>  Grace,
>
> First, I'm not sure whether these terms are interchangeable. Perhaps we may
> need to define them first:-
>
> *"Freedom* of expression",  *"Freedom* of information" ,"Information *
> freedom*"; or perhaps, "*Freedom* to
> access information".
>
> These well meaning liberties can be confusing at times.

If I may ask, is "Freedom of expression" the same thing as "Freedom of
speech"?
Anyway, what I know is that no freedom is absolute. There are always limits
around each. For instance, you are guaranteed freedom of speech/expression,
but not guaranteed freedom after the said speech/expression, NOT if it
violates (is likely to violate) another person's rights, like hate speech?

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,