[kictanet] Fwd:Defamatory Blog Publication by Moses Kuria & Demand For Apology

John Gitau jgitau at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 08:41:40 EAT 2011

Well freedom goes hand in hand with taking responsibility for what you write. Ie whoever you are writing about can and definately has access to the same freedom. Which could mean suing you.

From a legal standpoint? It will be interesting to watch since 'fun' issues can come up, like where is the blog hosted? Domain registered? If he deletes it is the hosting platform obliged by any kenyan legal apparatus to re-produce that blog post for evidence? In other words this guy can show them the finger, chuckle and write another one making fun of their attempt to sue him.... Does the author blog in their 'true' name?

See one reason it helps to keep content local is for law enforcement...definately a good one to watch...If there is a lawyer here it would be nice to have a debate around this.

Gitau

Sent from my iPad