[kictanet] The new Constitution - Declining English grammar in our Newsprint

Andrea Bohnstedt andrea.bohnstedt at ratio-magazine.com
Fri Oct 14 12:41:35 EAT 2011

Some great points on reading and learning language in James' email. I still
think it's one of the greatest gifts that my parents have given me: they
read us a bedtime story every night until we could read on our own. .

I got so ticked off by the Standard's front page this morning that I took to
my blog:
http://andreabohnstedt.blogspot.com/

But I loved this:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/public-bookshelves-spread-across-germany-allowing-free-access-to-literature/2011/10/14/gIQA4niBjL_story.html?wprss=rss_world

I wonder if this would work in Nairobi (just to get started)? Maybe next to
dhukas? Maybe with StoryMoja (or rather their trust)? Maybe with a couple of
motivated people who'd each adopt a bookshelf and help look after it?

I also really like http://www.bookcrossing.com/

Maybe combine both?

Happy Friday, everyone!

Andrea