[kictanet] IGF - congratulations

Baudouin SCHOMBE baudouin.schombe at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 12:36:04 EAT 2011

 Traduire du texte ou une page Web

  Saisissez du texte, l'adresse d'un site Web ou importez un document à
traduire. <http://translate.google.cd/?tr=f&hl=fr>
Annuler <http://translate.google.cd/?tr=t&hl=fr>
 Traduction (français > anglais)
Congratulations to the organizing committee of the IGF 2011 in Nairobi, the
Kenyan government specifically. We have a wonderful, full of friendliness and
good working atmosphere. I wish to express my admiration for the expertise
of Alice who has demonstrated the ability of African women to be worthy of
such high responsibility of international concern. I am still very happy
with her appointment by consensus as Chairman of the Working Group for AFIGF
.

Baudouin

2011/10/6 Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp>

> Hi Listers,
>
> Good to see many of you at the IGF.  A wonderful event, great show-case for
> Kenya.
>
> Highest attended IGF, more than 2000 people through the UNON gates and more
> than 800 participated online.  More people from more countries.  Praise is
> universal: the best IGF yet.
>
> Good media coverage and interesting to see two articles in the print
> edition of The Economist, one a Leader. One conference generating this kind
> of interest from The Economist is pretty special.
>
> Praise for KIXP from the senior U.S. govt representative at the IGF <
> http://www.ntia.doc.gov/**headlines/2011/opening-**
> session-remarks-assistant-**secretary-strickling-internet-**
> governance-forum<http://www.ntia.doc.gov/headlines/2011/opening-session-remarks-assistant-secretary-strickling-internet-governance-forum>>
> Kenyan technical excellence yet again.
>
> Thanks for a great couple of weeks.
>
> Adam