[kictanet] Declining English grammar in our Newsprint

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 5 14:03:19 EAT 2011

Dear Mr. Ouma,

The issue of discussion covers all forms of print and electronic media so by picking on CIO, of which I am a columnist, is an attempt at throwing in a red herring.

Your response is a reflection of what has happened to the media, imagine a team from Chine arrives in Kenya to look for organisations to provide them with services to produce english language manuals for their various products while at the airport they buy a copy of one of our dailies  . . . .

Now you understand why we are still a long way from being the destination of choice for such outsourcing activities and all because we have "reporters" who cannot write english.

Regards

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor