[kictanet] Declining English grammar in our Newsprint

Francis Hook francis.hook at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 07:58:44 EAT 2011

And not just in print but online - there was a recent thread on KICTANET abt
the death of online media and with the kind of errors in each response to
that thread (spelling and perhaps malapropisms) I suspect the death knell
could be sounded for online media as well :-) Of course we can always say
its Kenyan English.   have not the Americans laid claim to a different type
of English?  While at it, we should assert the right to claim "severally" as
a Kenyan  English word :-)

I cringe when listening to the wrong use of prepositions on our TV news
broadcasts...

Francis Hook
+254 733 504561