[kictanet] [NYSA:7509] The Cleanest Estate in Africa; Nyayo Embakasi Estate

Shem Ochuodho shemochuodho at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 1 08:06:13 EAT 2011

Bro. Haron,

Yes the 'Umuganda' are a unique, great thing. But for such to have the kind of impact experienced in Rwanda, the top leadership must be truly on the driving seat. I personally experienced and heard of many good hands-on things President Kagame (my today's Africa's role model President) does.

Apart from Umuganda, Rwanda to the best of my knowledge remains the only country in the world where non-biodegradable polythene bags are outlawed, and strictly enforced. Rwanda has many 'firsts' we could all learn from - place where rule of law is honoured, zero-tolerance to corruption, techno-savvy, people-centred (as opposed to political elite-centred), only world country with more female than male MPs, some of the best maintained city/countryside roads (at least they were 4 years ago when I left), very likely Africa's safest city, and possibly cleanest city, Africa's no doubt only major Internet-ready city (you can access broadband wireless Internet literally from any part of the city/Kigali), etc.

The only reason: Rwanda has visionary, selfless, servant leadership which Kenya sorely lacks. Isn't this reason enough for us to replace all those pretenders we call 'leaders' in Kenya? PNU/ODM IS THE PROBLEM, G47+1 IS THE ANSWER!

Rgrds,
Shem

Shem J. Ochuodho, MSc (Eng), PhD, LLD (Hon)
Senior Advisor
Ministry of Telecom & Postal Services
Republic of South Sudan (RSS), Juba
Commonwealth Telecom Organization (CTO/RSS) 2010 African Internaut Award Recipient
Kenya Community Abroad (KCA) 2007 Excellence Award Winner
AfricaOnline 2005 Industry Pioneer Award Recipient
Father of Internet in Kenya (Computer Society of Kenya - CSK 2000)
Cell: +249-955-021-040/+256-477-232025/+254-725-016679
Skype: shem.ochuodho