[kictanet] When Leaders follow the followers

Eric Aligula jairah at kippra.or.ke
Mon Nov 28 10:27:05 EAT 2011

Perhaps it is because over time we have encouraged a society of men
without chests.  C.S. Lewis says that, "their heads are no bigger than
the ordinary: it is the atrophy of the chest beneath that makes them
seem so.  In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand
the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and
enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our
midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful."

Eric Aligula Magolo, PhD

Programmes Coordinator & Ag. Head, Infrastructure and Economic Services
Division

Kenya Institute for Public Policy Research and Analysis (KIPPRA)

P.O. Box 56445, 00200 Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone:       +254-20-2719933/4
Fax:                +254-20-2719951
E-mail:            jairah at kippra.or.ke <mailto:jairah at kippra.or.ke>

Proudly Kenyan, Kenyan by Nature!

"In the long history of the world, only a few generations have been
granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger. I
do not shrink from this responsibility..........I welcome it."

John F. Kennedy

"To allow other people's assessment of you to determine your own
self-assessment is a very big mistake"

Columbia University President Lee Bollinger

"Far better to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though
checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who
neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray
twilight that knows not victory, nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

"Ex Africa semper aliquid novi"

"Per aspera ad astra!"