[kictanet] CCK's workshop on the Kenya Computer Incident Emergency response Team

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 20:40:22 EAT 2011

Listers,

As i read (http://www.nation.co.ke/News/Kenyans+lose+millions+in+Japan+car+racket+/-/1056/1279342/-/item/3/-/h64inu/-/index.html),
i recalled various presentations that were made during the just
concluded workshop hosted by the Communications Commision of Kenya in
collaboration with George Mason University  at Nairobi Safari club.
Indeed this was a move in the right direction and there is need for
sector specific Computer Incidence Response Teams to deal with
emerging challenges such as the one listed  which threaten to erode
the gains we have achieved as a country in so far as e-commerce is
concerned. I look forwad to the next workshop and i hope the local
Interpol boss will be present to tap the knowledge of other
stakeholders as was the case on Monday and Tuesday, Interpol alone
cannot solve this issue , it will take concerted efforts from all
stakeholders as was agreed during the just concluded regional workshop

'On Thursday, local Interpol boss Mary Kaol said that vehicle
importation cartels in the business of defrauding innocent people were
mushrooming.'

“In fact, we are planning to involve the media in educating people on
the tricks the conmen are using to steal from the public,” Ms Kaol
said.'

--
Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277