[kictanet] When Leaders follow the followers

lordmwesh lordmwesh at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 18:59:41 EAT 2011

We are pathetic. If technocrats and thinktanks like ab, cd, ef, ...
etal get into politics and wear the politician's coat, it means we are
headed nowhere in a thousand years.

On 25/11/2011, Barrack Otieno <otieno.barrack at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well said Dr. Ndemo, this is what leadership is all about, we must
> shout from the rooftops until tumekemea psycophancy anyway seems like
> a case of old wine in new skins, its going to be a long journey but we
> will get there.
>
> Best Regards
>
> On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 4:40 PM,  <bitange at jambo.co.ke> wrote:
>> Listers,
>> I want to start by thanking Andrea Bohnstedt for her last Saturday article
>> titled, We need Politicians with Economic Policy, The Star on Saturday
>> 19th 2011.  It raised salient points but it came too early before I could
>> put my skills to test.  My first encounter with the current Presidential
>> candidates ended up to be thoroughly frustrating but a good lesson for all
>> of us to learn from.  Our only way out is to create political, social and
>> economic transformations through social media.  Here is my argument for
>> this proposition:
>>
>> Last week attended Dr. Hezron Nyangito’s funeral in Kisii and I had the
>> chance to test my “political ambition”.  I failed.  When time came for me
>> to speak, I was nervous but gathered myself to make a few remarks.  This
>> was my brief speech:  The family of Nyangito, our leaders Prime Minister,
>> Deputy Prime Minister, Ministers, members of Parliament, My colleagues
>> PSs, Senior Civil Servants Ladies and Gentlemen.   It is my singular honor
>> to speak at the funeral of my great friend and former colleague both at
>> the University and the Civil Service as Permanent Secretaries.   Nyangito
>> was a gentleman but all through our interactions we argued mostly on how
>> to eradicate poverty in Kenya and more specifically here in Kisii.  Since
>> the rains are coming (it rains in Kisii every day at 2pm and by the time I
>> was speaking it was around 1 pm).  I can only promise to put in writing
>> what his thoughts were and how we can help the people he loved most moves
>> towards a prosperous future.
>>
>> I had just been given 2 minutes for my speech and that of my colleague,
>> Mary Ngari, PS Medical Services.  In Mary’s speech, she was to announce
>> that the Government will undertake to finish the construction of a health
>> center that Nyangito had started in his home area.  She never got to the
>> point of saying this since the crowd that numbered about 50,000 was
>> getting restless and wanted to hear from the politician.  Indeed I was
>> bothered that the crowd was not interested in the issues we were raising
>> as they would impact on their lives.
>>
>> The time came for politicians to speak and here I discovered that indeed
>> we are led by the electorate and any change we must make, it must be to
>> educate the electorate.  First every Presidential candidate arrived in
>> their own helicopters.  There were seven helicopters and a quick
>> observation most of the public were bare foot but they liked the
>> excitement of helicopters landing in their villages.  They cheered for
> [...]

Mwendwa Kivuva
For
Business Development
Transworld Computer Channels
Cel: 0722402248
twitter.com/lordmwesh
transworldAfrica.com | Fluent in computing
kenya.or.ke | The Kenya we know