[kictanet] Daylight Robbery along Southern Bypass - Nairobi

Judy Njogu jgnjogu at Safaricom.co.ke
Thu Nov 24 20:07:44 EAT 2011

Sorry Adar about that. Happened to me off Lusaka Road at 5:30pm a few
weeks ago. About 5 High School age kids with 3 guns. Took a few laptops
from a few of the motorists, phones, money, purses. That was before we
(Safaricom) launched the cloud and you guessed it, my data wasn't backed
up. We launched the cloud a couple of weeks later. Now I am wiser.

Judy.

@judynjogu

From: kictanet-bounces+jgnjogu=safaricom.co.ke at lists.kictanet.or.ke
[mailto:kictanet-bounces+jgnjogu=safaricom.co.ke at lists.kictanet.or.ke]
On Behalf Of Philip Adar
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2011 1:03 PM
To: Judy Njogu
Cc: KICTAnet ICT Policy Discussions
Subject: Re: [kictanet] Daylight Robbery along Southern Bypass - Nairobi

Thanks Ken,
I experienced and survived. Maybe they may be fatal to someone next
time.

Objective: Let's try to warn as many people as possible. Media can have
a role to play.

Regards
Philip

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Chelimo Ken <ken at kenyatelecentres.org>
wrote:

Dear All,

This is a very scary experience at the hands of youthful robbers. Being
in the media, I have read and watched many incidents on this bypass both
happening during day time and at night. Most of the incidents happen on
this bypass especially behind Carnivore on your way to Mombasa Road.
Motorists should be extremely careful and police should swing into
action. I will try to publish this information in the Star newspaper
where I work on Monday to create  public awareness and make the police
act promptly.

Ken Chelimo