[kictanet] Orange - The Giant Steers

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 23 09:53:49 EAT 2011

Hi,

I was was quite elated yesterday when looking at an advertisement by Orange/Telkom for a dual SIM phone offer.

Over the past 4 or so years I have been preaching to the management of Orange/telkom that as an underdog they cannot afford to use the tactics of a dominant player in this case the offering of a dual SIM phone.

Initially the organisation looked like it was awakening to the reality of their situation when they launched a dual mode GSM/CDMA phone but they lapsed back to their slumber.

Now that they are awake, the question is for how long, I believe they can make serious inroads into the mobile market assuming that they only lock on of the SIMs to their network and leave the other one available.

Lets welcome Orange/Telkom back from their slumber.

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200