[kictanet] On the subject of Kenyan Languages

S.M. Muraya murigi.muraya at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 13:31:37 EAT 2011

Bwana PS,

You should blog or Google+. There we can engage you (online but offline
KICTANET) more on ideological / theological issues.

https://plus.google.com/s/bitange%20ndemo

Without good works, language, like faith without good works, is dead :)

Good will overcome socio-economic barriers all the time, otherwise
Scripture would not tell us "to overcome evil with good".

In the late 90's, a youthful member of a prominent Central Kenya family
passed on. His brother told us their gardener actually "made" him (the
living brother) turn away from some pretty destructive habits. He could
listen to the gardener after years of experiencing Christianity / goodwill
from him.

When Kikuyu speaking criminals harm innocent people in Nairobi or Central
Kenya, it does not matter that we speak the same language (only one aspect
of culture). We do not share the same convictions / approach to life or
humanity.

Actions speak louder than words...

(i) About 3 years ago, a Brit (EMEA / Regional Manager for an Electronics
manufacturer / distributor) told me they did not want to deal with our
inefficient (import / export) customs procedures / problems. They were yet
to find a local firm / distributors to partner with. Have pointed them out
to one since.

Believe we are taxed more in Africa for our poor infrastructure and
inefficiency caused by our bad behavior / civil war = lack of hospitality
towards each other which disables us from providing good services to each
other.

(ii) Was looking at KLM excess baggage taxes.
http://www.klm.com/travel/no_en/prepare_for_travel/baggage/excess/bagagge_piececoncept.htm

Distance from Amsterdam to

Denpasar via Singapore = 12, 149 km
http://info.flightmapper.net/flight/KLM_KL_835
Zone 2 - USD 55.00 - tax for 2nd piece of excess baggage under 23kg

Nairobi = 6673 km
http://info.flightmapper.net/flight/KLM_KL_4141
Zone 4 - USD 100.00 - tax for 2nd piece of excess baggage under 23kg

Taipei / Taiwan = 9436 km
http://info.flightmapper.net/flight/KLM_KL_877
Zone 2 - USD 55.00 - tax for 2nd piece of excess baggage under 23kg

Bombay (Mumbai) / or any part of India = 6855 km
http://info.flightmapper.net/flight/KLM_KL_6086
Zone 3 - USD 75.00 - - tax for 2nd piece of excess baggage under 23kg

JFK / New York / USA - 5844Km
http://info.flightmapper.net/flight/KLM_KL_643
Zone 3 - USD 75.00 - - tax for 2nd piece of excess baggage under 23kg

LAX / Los Angeles / US- 8950km
http://info.flightmapper.net/flight/KLM_KL_601
Zone 3 - USD 75.00 - - tax for 2nd piece of excess baggage under 23kg

Again, Actions speak Louder than Words :)