[kictanet] Internet governance becoming top concern for many countries, including U.S. | ZDNet

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 12:47:21 EAT 2011

On 11/16/11, Judy Okite <judyokite at gmail.com> wrote:
> thank you, Badru,
>
> Me, thinks, IG issues,are much more , that is yet to be fully unveiled, if
> we will ever unveil it.
>
> the Wikileaks, who thought about that, , the 'Arab revolution', has opened
> eyes, to what pple can do and tomorrow, there will be something else, that
> we havent seen yet, and we see pple becoming more jittery,about the
> internet, which is very good.....
> unfortunately/fortunately, there is no limit with the internet and there is
> no turning back.
>
> how do you control, that??

China, build a great firewall
Egypt, shut it off completely
North korea & Burma restrict access to just a few elite
USA, DHS domain takedowns/SOPA & E-PARASITE, etc
.
.
.
FreedomHouse publishes an annual report on net freedom (or lack of) at
http://freedomhouse.org/template.cfm?page=664

--
Cheers,

McTim