[kictanet] DotAfrica RFP

pdandjinou at gmail.com pdandjinou at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 11:55:03 EAT 2011

Dear Tim,

As you know, unlike the two earlier gtld rounds of 2000 and 2003-4, this
new round has no such categories as 'sponsored' or unsponsored'; , AUC
states it does not intend to be an Applicant, thus, it chose to contract an
Africa based consortium to endorse (with legitimate letters) for the
business and technical operation as required by the guide book.

As far as I know, and with regards to geographic tld such as DotAfrica, AUC
will still retain a policy oversight (just like the .eu) within its
contract with operator on the one hand, and could work through the
Governments'notification..and the GAC's early warning procedures on the
other hand..
I hope this serves?
Rgds
Pierre.