[kictanet] Lets all move to remote parts of Africa - The laptops are coming :)

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 14:39:11 EAT 2011

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 1:20 PM, warigia bowman <warigia at aucegypt.edu>wrote:

> Weird. I agree with the more money than sense comment.
>
> I mean, why not give one person in targeted villages 10 laptops, and
> distribute them to children, or something? I do not get the dropping them
> from planes concept.

People, I seriously doubt they will actually "drop" them from planes.  That
seems to be hyperbole.

I think the idea is that a helicopter 'airlift' can bring the gear to
remote areas, thus bypassing centralised governmental distribution which
some have claimed has hampered the OLPC project.

--
Cheers,

McTim