[kictanet] How to fix public transport

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 10 23:07:31 EAT 2011

Thanks Rad for the link. I must say that the case of Bogota is not new to the Kenya government. A couple of years ago after the Michuki rules were in place, I bumped onto the then PS for Transport Gerishon Ikiara with a team from the Ministry. They were in Bogo (as the locals fondly call this city) to study the transport system. Having been a student of Ikiara and knowing how serious he can be, I imagine his team must have made recommendations that 'someone' or 'some people' were simply not interested for reasons known to many Kenyans. Dont forget we had a Minister of Transport who admitted to having a stake in the Matatu business. There must be political will...

If you have the strength to survive, you have the power to succeed. Life is all about choices we make depending upon the situation we are in. Go forth and rule the World!