[kictanet] What kind of CIO do you want in your County?

Edith Adera eadera at idrc.or.ke
Tue Nov 8 10:12:47 EAT 2011

Bwana Ndemo,

I can't agree with you more...very eloquently said!

One may even find that research findings already exist on the reasons for the high incidences of cancer in the country and recommendations provided (maybe with KEMRI, CDC researchers and others), but this knowledge is not being used to inform policy. Our decision making process in the country needs to change to be more evidence-based.

There's also need to demand that Bills going to parliament MUST pass through stakeholders and Wananchi for input - it's a constitutional right and must now be translated into practice. If the CIC people are on this list, they need to ensure this happens. They must stand up to be counted!

The next parliament must have people who..... demonstrate effective leadership with integrity; have the ethos of community service (not exhibit primitive accumulation); and are innovative thinkers. We must not go for anything less!

Edith