[kictanet] PMG In waiting - Postal & mobile money

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 7 16:59:47 EAT 2011

Hi,

The reference is the bright red Airtel Money poster placed below the post office sign.

My issue is that PCK is meant to take services to the people so by only offering the money transfer service from a single operator they are not executing their mandate.

Postal's obligation is to provide service for the public good even if it might not make a profit which is why they must deliver letters to all points of the country at a fixed price.  Because of their inability to reconcile this objective to a pure profit one many of the past and present board and management of the organisation have been unable to make the organisation self sustaining.

Regards

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor