[kictanet] PMG In waiting - Postal & mobile money

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 7 08:30:51 EAT 2011

I was in Nanyuki over the weekend as I passed the post office a pig red sign caught my attention which got me thinking about the mandate of the Postal Corporation of Kenya as to its services to the populace.

In my opinion if PCK is to provide 3rd party money transfer services its has an obligation to offer at least the services of the top 3 and not to only benefit a single entity.

The same obligation needs to be enforced in relation to all other government agencies otherwise we shall be disenfranchising the common mwanainchi.

Last and not list it is a branding no no to place such a sign so prominently in the front of the post office, the sign is so loud that one would think that the location belonged to the mobile phone company.

On appointment that will be one of the things I will rectify during my first, proverbial, 100 days.

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200