[kictanet] Twitter's 'landmark' court ruling: Why British free speech is over

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Tue May 31 01:08:44 EAT 2011

Listers
Another IG issue?

A local council in England has taken Twitter to court in the United States in a bid to reveal the name of a tweeter, who has been accused of making libellous statements.
The court forced Twitter into handing over the names of users who had not only been directly implicated — one of the council’s own councillors, but also the names of many others who have contacted him using the social networking site.
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/igeneration/twitters-landmark-court-ruling-why-british-free-speech-is-over/10338

Rgds
Grace

If you have the strength to survive, you have the power to succeed. Life is all about choices we make depending upon the situation we are in. Go forth and rule the World!