[kictanet] the first net neutrality violation in Kenya??

Joe Murithi Njeru joe.njeru at zilojo.com
Tue May 10 17:53:48 EAT 2011

Hello McTim,

I have skype running on my IDEOS and I'm able to make calls over WIFI
networks and 3g/HDSPA

I installed it two months ago.

Please update your IDEOS software by doing the following
Go to:
Settings > About phone > Online update.

Then you will be able to install skype from the Android Market
https://market.android.com/

With traditional voice at 1bob a minute and declining, skype calls will
eventually be more profitable for Safaricom (using EDGE/3G/4G ?) than
traditional voice calls.

So its in their long term interest to keep skype running :-)