[kictanet] Website - I GAVE A BRIBE

Andrea Bohnstedt andrea.bohnstedt at ratio-magazine.com
Thu May 5 16:17:38 EAT 2011

There's all that, and then also the minor point that even if there are
reports of corruption etc, typically nothing very impressive happens. I
remember all those lovely AngloLeasing recordings ....

People who were allegedly (just in case any lawyers are reading along)
involved plain simply denied it, and that was that.

And they went on merrily to continue their career in government, managing
ministries such as energy. And by 'managing', I'm not entirely sure what I
really mean to say right now.

On 5 May 2011 15:54, Stephen Mutoro <stephen at cofek.co.ke> wrote:

>  Hi Eric: What a great question. Trouble is that word: anonymously. With
> ICT, the fear among Kenyan consumers is that nothing can be anonymous!
> Experts can track anonymous sms, phone calls, emails and IP addresses etc.
> If ICT experts were to assure people that they can be completely anonymous
> and are educated about it – you will have millions of complaints and
> confessions of bribes offered - flying in through twitter, facebook and the
> likes. The other problem is that when they can’t be tracked completely –
> they could be abused – by using them for smear campaigns. The balance is
> critical. Finally, the admissibility under the Evidence Act will be another
> key consideration for our Judiciary which has been slow on embracing ICT –
> the same way the ICC/Hague Court-rooms are!

Andrea Bohnstedt <http://ke.linkedin.com/in/andreabohnstedt>
Publisher
+254 720 960 322

www.ratio-magazine.com
Find/post East Africa careers<http://www.ratio-magazine.com/careers/index.php>
Find/post conferences, workshops, trainings, other business
events<http://www.ratio-magazine.com/businessevents/index.php>