[kictanet] Dirty IPs

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu May 5 11:37:52 EAT 2011

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 09:46, robert yawe <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This post has nothing to do with the sewer laid fibre cable but IPs that
> are treated as being sources of spam.
>
> My ISP has issues with their IP ranges more because of having a wide open
> smtp server, what recourse do I have with them when they do not resolve the
> issue?

As them to allocate you and IP which you can then use to run your own SMTP
Server (You can get MDaemon Free version to use, or install a Unix one).
With that IP (and I hope you have your .KE domain ready) you can then ask
then to properly configure MX and rDNS records properly and you're ready to
go. Let them fix their SMTP server - sometimes it's not so easy to track
where the "wide open sense" comes from, especially with some advanced
trojans in the wild.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,