[kictanet] KRA & Postal

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 4 08:53:39 EAT 2011

Hi,

Yesterday I went to the post office to clear a parcel that had been sent from
the US, after inspection by the KRA officer the charges due to KRA where
calculated at Kes. 1,130/-.

I promptly dipped into my pocket and retrieved the cash but alas I was informed
that payment could only be made at a Co-Op or National Bank branch.  Well, off I
went to the bank, cutting a short story shorter one and a half hours later I was
back at the post office to collect the parcel.

What is so difficult with KRA having the cash collected at the post office or
even better why can't they make it possible for one to pay them using mobile
money?  This seems a lot like another of those salient schemes to have
politically correct organisations make money at the expense of convenience.

If KPLC and many other organisations are comfortable with Postal collecting cash
for them why does KRA not have the same level of confidence.  I hope someone out
there will forward my sentiments to the powers that be to resolve this issue.

Liko, this might be a good opportunity for PesaPal to expand its reach.
 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200