[kictanet] Local hosting - reiterated

Joseph Manthi jmanthi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 11:06:58 EAT 2011

My final words on this:

1. The first commercially available browser was NCSA Mosaic - Federally
funded program invented by students at UoI amongst whom were Marc Andreesen
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Andreesen
2. Marc went on to develop Netscape from publicly available libraries he had
previously invented in his UoI days
3. MS came along and requested the same libraries from the Uoi and gotthem
and hence the birth of IE
4. The group that worked on Netscape went on to continue their work on
Mozilla as public service.nence firefox - http://www.mozilla.org/

Hence the birth of all the major commercial browsers are funded by the Fed.

About Google - for those who know these matters - Google was a PhD work out
of Standard (not USC as I earlier stated) that was fed funded in the
department of Maths in Stanford - a collaboration between an American and a
Russian students

The US State Department may tout the power of the entrepreneur but every
major investment that has produced value for the most masses has been funded
by governments in this case The US Fed.

And need I also add that the Internet infrastructure has been developed by
the same US Fed and handed over to universities to manage, This was
historically been for military communications purposes

Need I say more

To enjoin Robert, I think the Central Government in Kenya has a central role
to play in developing the infrastructure necessary for development.
Listening to theories coming out of Washington DC(IMF, WB, USG) and closing
our eyes to the plight of our people is tantamount to shooting ourselves.