[kictanet] Domestic Outsourcing Studies

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Tue Mar 29 12:15:18 EAT 2011

It is unfortunate that one can make such disparaging statements against the Government.  It the height of unpatriotism.  Government has never frustrated any effort by anybody trying to organize local BPO sub-sector.  I deal with so many people in the BPO associations and nobody has ever complained.

Secondly you cannot force anyone to become a member of anything and certainly this is not a Government mandate.

Matunda, there is a vibrant local BPO sub-sector mainly in insurane and Telcom sectors.  Several organizations have outsourced their accounting operations.  We have never classified this as back office or BPO.  We have no statistics on this but in future we should be able to conduct some study since it is increasingly becoming important.

Regards.

Ndemo.

Sent from my BlackBerry®