[kictanet] STAKEHOLDERS COMMENTS ON IANA FUNCTIONS-my comments

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 26 16:42:23 EAT 2011

Wambua,

I wont make it for the meeting but plse register my comment on the above as follows:

1. No single government should have oversight powers over IANA functions(core operational functions of the Internet).
2. It is therefore best that the US government relinquishes oversight powers over the IANA function in a progressive manner i.e. by moving its relationship with ICANN over IANA function from the current "Contractual" agreement to a "Cooperation" agreement locally known as an MOA and eventually an non-legal agreement sometimes known as an MoU

walu.
nb: these views are not exclusively mine but reflect the current international thinking by internet industry players.  I find them agreeable and maybe the .KE government may wish to interrogate possibly adopt the same.