[kictanet] SIM card registration status

Sam Aguyo saguyo at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 07:05:04 EAT 2011

I watched last night on TV an expose of how criminals rob MPESA and other traders in CBD.  What i found interesting is that they transfer floats from the agents phones to their phones. This is something that has been happening and very recently.  My wonder is, does it mean that the SIM registration was put on hold or some Mpesa agents do not adhere to set rules of demanding identification for every transaction.  These people must be withdrawing the money anyway and whenever they do the transfer, their number is reflected.  Could someone on the know highlight on this.

I feel indeed horrified

Sam