[kictanet] Refreshing - Fibre to Homes

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 08:17:16 EAT 2011

I agree with you Edith why should the information be treated as proprietary if
they are proud and confident of their product they she shout from the hill tops
and roof tops.

It is unfortunate that even after more than 5 years KDN only have 180 * 16 =
2,880 ports, why do I bash Telkom with their deadbox service at least they have
a higher and wider penetration than their most vocal competitors.

Why did I multiply by 16 and not more units per block, because the service is
mainly available in the upper end of the City.  If you need the service in
Umoja, Tena, Buru Buru or Kirinyaga Road too bad even though the density per
apartment/flat is 3 to 5 times higher.  Ask Multi Choice what happened to their
subscriptions when the moved to the mwanainchi locations

I apologise if this post seems a little hash but we all can see why the response
from KDN was meant to remain offline.

Regards

PS.  Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd