[kictanet] Digital villages & eGov

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 11 18:10:56 EAT 2011

Hi,

On the eGov services all that needs to be done is to replicate the KRA approach
to the same, KRA went out to train and sensitise cyber cafe operators on how to
assess the services the effect of this can be seen with the amount of traffic at
month end for those file their VAT returns.

KRA also convinced the Cyber operators not to charge premium rates to assist
those looking to assess the services, today you do not need to go to any KRA
office to apply for a PIN.

Which is why it makes no sense why the central government is taking so long to
offer their services online, I believe this can be narrowed down
to institutionalised corruption whose existing to seize to exist if services
where offered electronically and transparently.

Also note that by the government re-energizing Postal Corporation (PMG in
waiting in action) that would instantly provide over 700 locations where the
government services could be delivered in addition this network is well
distributed across the entire country.

Regards

Mtaka cha uvunguni shurti uiname akikataa cha uvunguni hataki.
 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200