[kictanet] 2011 IGF dates 27 to 30 September

Alice Munyua alice at apc.org
Mon Mar 7 20:18:23 EAT 2011

Dear all,

Dates for the sixth 2011 United Nations Internet Governance Forum
(UN-IGF) have now been confirmed. The IGF will take place on 27th to 30
September 2011 in Nairobi at the UN Gigiri.

We wish to have strong participation of all stakeholders and would
particularly like to encourage industry, civil society and policy makers
and who would bring to it expertise, partnerships, and best practices.

We hope to leverage, build upon, and enrich the 2011 IGF, by extending
the benefits of the IGF programming to begin to build a foundation for
young people within the context of the East African Internet Governance
Forum (EA-IGF) which will prepare them to participate meaningfully and
constructively as IGF youth Ambassadors.

Best

Alice

//