[kictanet] Bob Collymore; Yet to arrive

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 4 08:36:30 EAT 2011

Hi Listers,

I had a chance to catch my namesake Robert Collymore's on the bench interview
rerun with Jeff Koinange and it was quite enlightening especially from how he
answered the questions.

For some reason Jeff was too mellow seems like he had been given a script which
was unfortunate, his interview of one Kaguta Museveni was more punchy.

As I listened to the interview it became clear that Bob has still not arrived in
Kenya, he is here physically but his heart must have been lost in transit,
airlines keep doing it with peoples luggage, he needs a chance to arrive.

I would suggest that first someone takes him across to Njuguna's preferably
after Mututho, best would be if it was with a non-safaricom supplier or staff
member as he needs an orientation in Kenyanism.  After this he needs to visit
Kiamaiko and also watch a soccer match at Dandora or Kibera stadiums then he
will be better placed to comment on the Kenyan.  He might even be allowed to get
aware with using terms like Kubafu and peculiar to describe us.

Unlike MJ, Bob has come to occupy the sit at the top of an existing ivory tower
that Micheal built, from where the view can be very deceiving and
his lieutenants are likely to insulate him from what is happening on the ground.

If he genuinely wants to sort our the rote within Safaricom and move the
organisation into the future then he must descend from the ivory tower and order
his heart back via express courier otherwise his stay shall be short and
uneventful.  You cannot appreciate the bigger picture if you have no contact
with the sectoral one, the pixels make the picture.

Just my take from the answers he gave to the soft questions that where rolled
towards him.

Regards

Bob akaribishwe kimtaa

 Robert Yawe