[kictanet] A true innovation?

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 09:21:43 EAT 2011

Bobby,

I think the problem could be bigger than ticketing but the whole management
set up. I found www.tpg.ch to be quite efficient because of centralised
management. You pay for the  card monthly or weekly and your details are
stored in a magnetic strip card, the buses have no conductors but the
company has contracted special Police who jump into the bus at random and
will slap a hefty fine (instant justice) on anyone found in the bus without
a valid ticket or card. The buses of course also have the automatic ticket
dispensers where you drop in a coin or slot your card, considering that the
buses are managed by the county it might be a model worth studying despite
the fact that we are likely to experience resistance from those manning the
transport sector which is already a mess and reverses all the gains we make
as a nation due to the inefficiencies.

Best Regards

Barrack O. Otieno
Afriregister Ltd (Kenya)