[kictanet] State House moves in to quell mobile price wars

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 10:38:52 EAT 2011

By Macharia kamau,

 presidential directive freezing the reduction of mobile termination
rates (MTRs) has rendered irrelevant a prime ministerial task force set
up to establish how reduced MTRs affect the economy and mobile phone operators.
By the Standard @
http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/InsidePage.php?id=2000036808&cid=14&
~~~~~~~~
I get worried when I read headlines like these.  Is it really true or a case of being misquoted. I have a big problem when a Regulator receives explicit instructions from Statehouse=President? particularly when we have been successfull in pretending that the Regulator is truly independent.

In the new constitutional dispensation, this can quite backfire and leave more egg on Statehouse..
walu.