[kictanet] Safaricom abhors open systems

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 4 15:33:40 EAT 2011

@ Okech, Yawe,

CISCO equipment supports BOTH open and closed/proprietary standards.  Meaning a Cisco router can connect in a proprietary manner and/or open-standard manner (just enable the appropriate protocol). Same goes for Juniper routers and other leading vendors.

Nobody - even the diehard M$oft makes closed systems anymore because that locks you out of the market (self-destructive). I tend to think the problem is not Cisco.  Problem could be that Safcom Engineers have not been briefed sufficiently ;-)

Finally, speaking from the teaching perspective...It is no longer just about teaching the principles.  It is about teach BOTH principles and the application (read vendor-based-examples).

walu.