[kictanet] ISOC Kenya Chapter Creation efforts

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 22:11:24 EAT 2011

Thanks Chelimo and Steve, that is why we created the ISOC_ke list, one
of the requirements of a chapter before it can be accepted  is that it
has to be all inclusive , let's shift our discussion from Kictanet to
the ISOC list to avoid diverting listers attention, I think the
message is out there and the response has been wonderfull.

On 7/28/11, Chelimo Ken <ken at kenyatelecentres.org> wrote:
> I think the best way forward is to get the names of all those who are
> already ISOC members then arrange for a meeting to form a chapter. A
> requirement to form a chapter is having several like-minded persons to form
> one - in this case those who are already members and impress upon more
> people to register.
>
> Ken Chelimo
>
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Paul M <paulitrix at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am also an ISOC member and I champion the creation of an ISOC Kenyan
>> chapter. Thanks Barrack for taking the initiative to launch a local ISOC
>> chapter.

>> for
>> people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and
>> sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and
>> development.

Sent from my mobile device

Barrack O. Otieno
Afriregister Ltd (Kenya)