[kictanet] Local Content - Beyond lip service

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 28 09:15:59 EAT 2011

Hi Listers,

I have been following the activities of a local developer who has made great
strides in creating a platform for hosting local content through his web site
www.eziki.tv.

Unfortunately due to the high cost of local hosting he has been forced, like
many other brilliant young men and women, to host overseas where the cost are
low but then they suffer the hit from bandwidth limitations.

This young man has taken initiative and put down his resources to prove a
concept and I believe he deserves direct local investment from funds such as
Tandaa, Kazi Kwa Vijana and many others instead of us asking dreamers to present
proposals and business plans for cloud based products.

I would like to propose we pick up this has a project and bring the site back
home and empower the team to move to greater heights before some VC from the US
grabs him then we start lamenting.

Please visit the site and see what is on offer, you can also view my
channel http://www.eziki.tv/quadrantshiftafrica on which I will move most of my
rants and raves for posterity and for easier access by those who have an issue
with reading long text.

Samsung and LG should look at this modem and see how to incorporate it in the
new IP TVs and publicise access to eziki.tv as well as youtube and all those
other sites.
Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor