[kictanet] [ke-internetusers] Fwd: Link from rwanda Government IndicatingRevocation of Radio License

Eng. Wainaina Mungai wainaina at madeinkenya.org
Tue Jul 26 23:39:28 EAT 2011

Hi all,

It is apparent from the Rwanda decision that we all need to interrogate the
DVB-T2 issue further and with the Kenyan context in mind.

It might therefore only be fair to invite the Chinese company to such a
forum to defend themselves so that CCK official and the Ministry are saved
from the awkward position of always having to defend the Chinese.

While that is being negotiated, maybe those in the know (CCK & Ministry) can
clarify the context:

1). Will Signet upgrade to DVB-T2 in time? Is the needed funding available
for them to catch-up now that DVB-T they set-up was shelved?

2). Will PANG meet the DVB-T2 obligation? Will they be the only DVB-T2
provider if Signet fails, once again, to meet it's public obligations?

Once the context is clarified, we can discuss details.

--
*