[kictanet] Lower tariffs lower speed

Cleophas Barmasai cbarmasai at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 10:05:44 EAT 2011

Could it be related to the scheduled maintenance on SMW4 Fibre Cable? I
understand it takes place between  *between** 25th July **and **30th
July* *2011
*and involves replacement on the SMW4 cable close to Alexandria. I have
generally had slower speeds from yesterday, though not on Safaricom, though
I know Saf may be using that cable.

Cleophas

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 8:32 AM, robert yawe <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a quick question to the listers out there using the Safaricom 3G,
> WiMax and Fibre services if they are experiencing reduced performance after
> the drop on 3G tariffs?
>
> Regards
>
> Robert Yawe
> KAY System Technologies Ltd
> Phoenix House, 6th Floor
> P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200
> Kenya
>
> Tel: +254722511225, +254202010696

Sincerely,

Cleophas Barmasai
"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live
soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age..." (Titus 2:11,12, NKJV)