[kictanet] visiting digital villages update July 23, 2011

warigia bowman warigia at aucegypt.edu
Sat Jul 23 11:17:34 EAT 2011

Dear colleagues

I had a lovely time at the IGF yesterday. Several people, including PS Ndemo
and others, wanted an update on the digital villages project.

Yesterday, Victor Gathara and I met with some Safaricom digital village
representatives. Transcript will follow. But, just quickly,

we will be visiting the *second week of August. *You are welcome to come
along. Gas money is welcome.

*Tentative *itineraries include the following

Day one: Juja, Thika, Saba Saba, Karatina.
Day two: Mulolongo, Machakos, Masii, Bumbuni
Day three: Naivasha, Gilgil, Nakuru
Day four: Narok?

So, again, will keep everyone posted.

Yours, Warigia