[kictanet] Digital TV signal Distribution row

Philip Adar philip.adar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 12:13:29 EAT 2011

Bwana PS,
The intention is not to hit back, for there can never be any meaningful
discussion in a situation of conflict.

Good to notice that you agree that corruption is destroying our country.
First step is to accept. Thank you!

In 1961 when President Kennedy inaugurated an ambitious space exploration
program in the US, he stated and I quote:

*"I believe we possess all the resources and talents necessary. But the
facts of the matter are that we have never made the national decisions or
marshaled the national resources required for such leadership. We have never
specified long-range goals on an urgent time schedule, or managed our
resources and our time so as to insure their fulfillment".*
No need to over-emphasize the power that comes from strong and determined
state policy for grand achievements. It is to say, let us examine where we
are strong and where we are not; and make a decision as a country (with
government leadership) that some products, some services, some technologies,
some knowledge, some expertise must be home-grown!

For whichever considerations that make us "distribute local television
signals" through a foreign firm; host public data in a foreign country....

If you were to resolve (your personal resolve and determination) that some
of these things can be done here at home; would you not succeed? Would the
Kenyan expertise fail you? What would be the ripple-effect of such an
achievement to the local economy and know-how in the future?

lastly, you are right. I did not investigate the "true story about what was
published". I have no capacity to do so. But the main thing I noticed and
resented, lack of resolve to nature local talent.

Regards
Philip

Philip Adar