[kictanet] Digital TV signal Distribution row

aki aki275 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 07:53:38 EAT 2011

Just been reading this article,
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate+News/Nation++Royal+Media+lose+appeal+for+signal+distribution+licence/-/539550/1204274/-/14gbqmu/-/index.html,
and the print lacks the details but also a reflection is what is happening
in developing countries.

Did the local media group have the technical and financial capability to
operate signal distribution platforms and roll out the services, yet got
dropped out because of tender technicalities. How is this possible? Are we
saying kenyans are totally incapable of understanding the requirements or
commitments of such national projects?

I hope the affected parties do an indepth review of why they lost out and
share that information with kenyans. We need to know, because I'm sure the
local media groups were also going to buy technology platforms and implement
roll out so issues like delays due to internal manufacture or creation do
not even arise.

Some thoughts.

Thank you.