[kictanet] Fwd: [igf_members] Good news! Contact with Tarek Kamel!

warigia bowman warigia at aucegypt.edu
Mon Jul 18 08:53:28 EAT 2011

Dear Waudo

I know you are passing  on a message, and that you did not write the message
to the IGF.You and I are old friends.

 As such, do not take the comments below as an attack on you, but rather, an
interrogation of George Sadowsky's email.

Since I have been in Egypt for the past six months, and have lived through
every day of the Revolution, here are the questions that spring to mind.

What was the role of Tarek Kamel  in shuttling off the Internet? Why are we
interested in helping people from the deposed Mubarak regime?

Was Kamel somehow involved in opposing the Mubarak regime, or is there
another reason we should have sympathy for him? If he was a minister in
Egypt, he more than likely shared in the ill gotten gains that were stolen
from the Egyptian people, who are still protesting for democracy in Tahrir
Square.

Just my two shillings.

Yours, Rigia